Value Stream Operations Manager
We are a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of our company is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. We operate on a first name basis with a full open-door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides us with a competitive edge. Our NC location is currently looking for a Value Stream Operations Manager. This location focuses on our ICP®
, piezoresistive, acoustic, force, shock & vibration sensors.
The Value Stream Operations Manager is responsible for increasing the ratio of value to
non-value and eliminating waste in the overall supply chain from start to finish, for a defined product family. They are also responsible for ensuring that the value stream meets and/or exceeds customer requirements.
- Responsible for defining the product family by conducting product routing analysis and appropriate groupings.
- Ensures that a current/future state value stream map(s) are created and maintained of the end-to-end value stream(s). Conducts fact-based analysis of the value stream map(s).
- Creates and executes an action plan to achieve the future state.
- Leads and mobilizes the people inside and outside of the value stream to enable the required changes. (Including customers and suppliers)
- Responsible for the direct supervision of a number of manufacturing supervisors including their training/career development as well as daily schedules, metrics and other tactical issues.
- Ensures compliance to corporate targets of budgets, gross margin, yield, scrap, re-work and delivery.
- Researches, analyzes and studies existing products, systems, subsystems, test equipment and processes to improve performance, reliability, quality and cost.
- Responsible for ensuring necessary human resources and other capital needs to ensure corporate growth targets.
- Works with Engineering and Mfg. Engineering to provide support and training with regard to assembly methods, test procedures, ISO 9001 documentation, production equipment, company policies/procedures, etc.
- Works with supply chain, engineers and production technicians to improve production yield and solve other product related problems.
- Ability to communicate with all functional disciplines.
- Able to read and understand common financial reports.
- Ensures effective communication between management and departments.
- Responsible for policies/procedures to support departmental objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the division:
- promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to customer service among team members
- cooperates and interacts with other teams so that we can best serve the customer
- Responsible for maintaining safe work conditions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Four year degree (Engineering preferred) or equivalent. Advanced degree
a plus. Formal Lean Training.
Eight to ten years of experience in a high tech, high model mix manufacturer at
least three of which includes the implementation of Lean in a Leadership role
DFM experience, ERP Packages, extensive computer skills, production / assembly
experience. 6-sigma certification is also desired. Some travel required.