Associates in technical/business discipline or equivalent, two to five years of experience and/or training.
Three to five years of supervision experience in an inventory control, shipping, receiving environment with proven abilities to exercise good judgment, organize work, and motivate team members. Basic mathematical skills. A working knowledge of ERP, MRP & Kanban material systems, and ISO standards. Good knowledge of department products. Computer literacy and knowledge of PC based software such as Microsoft Office: specific areas would include strong skills in Excel and Word. Compliance with inventory policies, processes and reporting/audit requirements.
Follow all procedures and forms in compliance to ISO 9001.
Supervises the NC Inventory and Logistics department to ensure timely and quality completion of tasks, and daily responsibilities. Sets goals for improvement. Provides technical assistance when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Supervision of 10 or more direct or indirect employees.
- Hires, schedules, instructs, and develops personnel. Ensure they follow policies and procedures and conducts performance evaluations.
- Ensures direct reports are properly trained. Maintains an effective communication system with staff.
- Performs hands on production 25% of working time.
- Manages personnel and equipment to ensure the department has adequate resources to maintain total customer satisfaction.
- Executes activities involving scrap and obsolescence of products.
- Assists with maintaining and identifying materials that negatively impact the Inventory Turns metrics and relays pertinent information back to Management.
- Executes the activities that maintain inventory of materials and parts needed to complete production in product group. Is accountable for its accuracy and availability as required by the production schedule.
- Coordinates the activities that ensure FIFO, 5S and Lot Traceability.
- Coordinates and expedites replenishment of inventory in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Plans and issues production work orders that meet the customer demand and is within the capacity of the production groups to perform.
- Coordinates cycle count activities. Tracks cycle count results and resolves cycle count issues.
- Coordinates physical inventory audits.
- Monitors and rectifies transactional errors in the BSD related to inventory and material issuance, receipts, shipments, scrap and/or miscellaneous adjustments.
- Ensures adequate evaluation and approval of miscellaneous inventory adjustments with a significant financial impact and relays pertinent information back to Management.
- Assists with maintaining the accuracy of key inventory control fields within the BSD.
- Delegates clerical responsibilities pertaining to inventory to subordinate level positions in product group.
- Evaluates department processes for more efficient means, makes suggestions for and implements improvements.
- Ensures that products are complete, correct and ready for shipment and/or consumption.
- Assists in monitoring metrics and alerts appropriate individuals when measurements are unfavorable.
- Participates in establishing or amending departmental policies and procedures.
- Verifies conformance of finished work to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, organized, and professional work environment.