This fantastic manufacturing facility is seeking a Production Supervisor for 1st shift.
A very unique manufacturing facility, has a wonderful vibe, must see to believe.
Must have supervision experience to apply!
Supervises production and/or assembly of parts or product by the department to ensure timely and quality completion. Sets goals for improvement. Provides technical assistance when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotes teamwork, cooperation and commitment to “Total Customer Satisfaction” among team members.
- Supervision of 10 or more direct or indirect employees.
- Hires, schedules, instructs, and develops personnel. Ensure they follow policies and procedures, and conducts performance evaluations.
- Ensures direct reports are properly trained.
- Manages personnel, equipment and inventory to ensure the department has adequate resources to maintain total customer satisfaction. May order or expedite resources.
- Attends and conducts production meetings and relays pertinent information back to team members. Maintains an effective communication system with staff.
- Evaluates department processes for more efficient means and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Follows production schedules and prioritizes log to minimize overtime and determine shipping priorities.
- With guidance, conducts product pricing studies by determining costs, performs cost/time saving strategies and quality improvements.
- Monitors metrics and alerts appropriate individuals when measurements are unfavorable.
- Participates in budget planning and shares responsibility in meeting budget objectives.
- Participates in establishing or amending departmental policies and procedures.
- Verifies conformance of finished work to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Works with sales and engineering personnel in resolving customers’ technical problems.
- Monitors and maintains inventory.
- Ensures that products are complete, correct and ready for shipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, organized, and professional work environment.
Four year technical or business degree or equivalent specialized training.
Five to ten years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with proven abilities to organize work and motivate team members.
A working knowledge of LEAN, ERP, material systems, and ISO standards.
Computer literacy and knowledge of PC based software such as Microsoft Office: specific areas would include strong skills in Excel and Word.
Basic mathematical skills.
Proven ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems through analysis of data and facts.
Sorry no sponsorships available at this time.